Pacific InterWest works with you and your architect to identify waterproofing systems appropriate for your project. Consultation services include product research, preliminary detail reviews, RFI and submittal review and response, and assistance with product selection.
PIW’s waterproofing design consultation services are billed at an hourly rate and designed to give our clients the flexibility to add additional consulting services based on the needs of their design documents and/or product selection.
Hourly consulting services are commonly used for:
- Code research based on the existing designs;
- Review and coordination of architectural documents related to the building envelope;
- Product research in relation to budgetary and constructability issues;
- Redlines and/or comments on architectural plans prior to or after the Peer Plan Review;
- Assisting the architect to integrate any selected product manufacturer’s recommendations into the plans and specifications;
- Review of shop drawings, submittals, and RFIs during the design review and construction process. Providing advice to the Client, architect and contractor regarding building envelope related documents;
- Attending coordination meetings at the discretion of the Client.
PIW staff assigned to supervise and perform review and assessments are ICC-certified plan reviewers and/or licensed architects, with no less than 10 years’ experience with construction projects similar to yours.